Who We Are
AMBYESE stands for Annual Multicultural Business Youth Educational Services Embarkment. AMBYESE is a 34-year-old,IRS 501 (c)(3) tax exempt all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization that seeks to help culturally-diverse, college-bound high school students from Connecticut and Westchester County, N.Y., achieve their educational goals through mentoring, summer programs, and annual conferences.
What We Do
AMBYESE prepares multicultural secondary school students for the challenges of a more diverse workforce in the 21st Century. Our objective is to motivate students to strive for academic excellence by exposing students to career options in the corporate sector. We aim to mitigate student anxieties concerning “big business” by instilling in them a high level of self-esteem. Our objective is to ensure our students learn about careers through the mentorship and guidance of highly successful multicultural role models. We've mentored more than 14,000 culturally diverse high school students throughout Connecticut and New York, helping to prepare them for college and beyond.
Our Board Members
- Crystal N. March-Brinkley, M.D., Best Now
- Dr. Paulette G. Curtis, University of Notre Dame
- Leslie F. Daniel, Community Activist
- John H. Howell, CPA, Retired Partner, Ernest & Young
- Dr. James A. Fairweather, Pitney Bowes Innovation
- Vanessa Abrahams-John, Esq., Praxair Inc.
- The late Beverly B. Johnson, Co-founder
- Wendell L.Johnson, Co-founder and CEO
- Dr. Colin Parris, GE Software Research
- Dee Raffington, Wells Fargo
- Terry Reilly, UCONN-Stamford
- Stephen Shealy, Esq., People’s United Bank
- Dr. Brenda L. Smith, United Nations / Retired School Superintendent, Mount Vernon, NY
- Esperanza Teasdale, PepsiCo
- Michelle J. Wheeler, Diageo
We thank our generous sponsors who make our work possible.
- Stop & Shop
- Pitney Bowes
- People's United Bank
- Wells Fargo
- American Express
- University of Connecticut
- University of Notre Dame
Since AMBYESE's inception in 1984 over 14,000 multicultural, college-bound students throughout the state of Connecticut and Metropolitan New York have participated in AMBYESE's three phased programs namely, the Annual Youth Educational Conference, the Student Tracking and Academic Fulfillment Force -- S.T.A.F.F. and / or the Youth Endeavoring to Succeed, -- Y. E.S, I Can.
As a direct result of their participation in one or more of the above free of charge AMBYESE initiatives, our students have gone on to earn their undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees and certificates.
Over the pasted 34 years the vast majority of AMBYESE's participating students have received full scholarships to the first college or university of their choice.
From 1984 to date the total combined value of these scholarships are in excess of $16 million dollars.
AMBYESE is equally proud and abundantly grateful to have such a committed core group of partners from the corporate sector and academia. The sponsors play a major role in paving the way for the next generation of leaders in the 21st century's high-tech workforce!
The list of all partners is listed on the AMBYESE website.